Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Oh STAAR test...you messed up my day-Day 2

Image result for STAAR test

Weight: 166.2

 I started off with all of the normal stuff: water, Spark, Probiotic pills, fiber drink.  On my way to work I stopped at McDonald's for our free teacher breakfast for the STAAR test.  I knew I wasn't going to eat it.  I really wanted the apple slices though.  I went in got my free breakfast and continued on to work.  I gave my Egg McMuffin and apple juice away and had my Meal Replacement shake.  Everything was going fine. 

7:50-Breakfast:Chocolate Mint Brownie Shake
9:15-Nature Grain Breakfast blueberry biscuits.
  Nature Valley Breakfast Biscuits - Blueberry
These little guys are 230 calories for the whole package.  Not a good choice for a snack.  The test started stressing me out.  I ate it all.  

9:45 1 mini Butterfinger.  What is wrong with me?  I did it without thinking.  
10:45- 1/4 cup of raspberries.  There is one good choice for the day.
11:45- Chicken, sweet potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower mix.  I also had a few of my strawberries.  
12:10-I went to the STAAR spa that is hosted by the Kindergarten team.  I had a few carrots and 5 chips with dip.  I bypassed the cake, but ohhh the dip.  
12:45- 2 bites of BBQ(I told you my day was messed up)
4:00-the rest of my strawberries
6:30-spinach salad with chicken and raspberry vinaigrette.
7:30- 2 bites of ice cream and one bite of Reese's peanut butter cup(I threw the rest away...it hurt)

 I MESSED UP TODAY!  It is kind of embarrassing to write this all down, but I am.  I am using this blog to help others (not that today was helpful) but to also help myself.  I am trying to get out of the mind set that if I mess up once in the day that the whole day is ruined and I can eat what I want.  I am working on it.  I did better today than I have in the past.  

I have one more day of STAAR testing.  I am using it to prove to myself that I can do this. I don't have to let stress and other factors of life rule my diet.  The day is over.  Tomorrow is a new start.  I will own tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment